Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Being a Loving Mother...

I spent the past two days caring for my youngest daughter. She manages a shoe store in Abq and is a very strong leader, responsible, caring young lady. She had a stomach flu, (first time she's been sick in a year) so I went by and checked on her. She ended up coming back to Santa Fe with me & her Dad. She spent the night at her Grams, who she adores & her sister, who was her best friend growing up. Grams made them frito pies and they all stayed up talking late, having a great time of fellowship!
My husband & I prayed for her and with her. We discussed these times that we live in and she admitted when watching the news and hearing all the bad things going on, it can be a little depressing!
I encouraged her, reminding her that there is Hope! We read scripture together, In Psalms 112:7 He will not be afraid of evil tidings, His Heart is steadfast, Trusting in the Lord!
I told her that God is Faithful and has always helped me when I am faithful to read His Word and cry out to him in prayer. Tonight, I am reading, Isaiah 12:2, Behold God is my Salvation, I will trust and not be afraid for YAH, the Lord is my Strength & my Song, He is my Salvation! Many have been calmed and assured by the words, "Fear Not"! I pray that God give us the Grace to Trust Him, no matter what is going on around us!

No comments:

Post a Comment